If you would like to transfer all of your employee's Health Savings Account funds to Ameriflex, we have outlined the bulk transfer process in detail. Below, you will find information about the materials you will need in order to transfer the funds in, along with step-by-step instructions.
To process a Health Savings Account (HSA) bulk transfer in to Ameriflex:
1. Submit your completed Ameriflex custodial Transfer Form to your current Health Savings account custodian. Once Ameriflex receives your complete form, we will review how the funds will be sent to Ameriflex.
2. Download and fill out an enrollment sheet to enroll into an HSA.
a. Log in to your Ameriflex Employer Portal.
b. Click on the Participants tab on the left-hand side of the screen.
c. Click on the ellipsis (three dots) in the upper-right corner and select Download prepop enrollment file.
d. Those who are to be enrolled will be added on the first tab, Enrollment Info.
e. Ensure each field is filled out entirely. If you see a column in red, that means that you are missing required information.
3. Click on the Participants tab on the left-hand side of the screen. Then click on the ellipsis (three dots) again and select Upload enrollment file to load the completed enrollment spreadsheet into your Ameriflex portal.
4. Within the same Participants tab, click on the ellipsis (three dots) and select Download blank account transactions file.
5. Fill out your Account Transactions file with the following information:
- Column A: Employee social security number without any dashes
- Column B: Account type will be HSA
- Column C: Deposit type will be TI (for transfer in)
- Column D: Employee Contribution (The deposit value must be non-zero and in the Employee Deposit field)
- Column E: Employer Contribution (Deposit value will be zero. Employer Deposits are invalid for the TI and TO deposits)
- Column F: Effective date in YYYYMMDD format
6. Save the file to your computer.
7. Submit your completed Account Transactions file through your Ameriflex portal.
a. From the General page, click on the ellipsis (three dots) in the upper-right corner.
b. Select Send a Secure File. A Send Secure Files pop-up screen will appear.
c. Choose your assigned Client Relationship Manager.
d. Click Upload Files and select the appropriate file from your computer.
e. Add a note if needed.
f. Click Send.
Your assigned Client Relationship Manager will review the file and submit it to our Operations team for processing. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing.