Are HSA contributions reported on Form W-2?

Written by Aimee Reynard
Updated 3 years ago

Employers must report all employer contributions to a health savings account (HSA) in Box 12 of Form W-2, using code W. For this purpose, employer contributions include all contributions made through a cafeteria plan — even pre-tax salary reductions.

Did this answer your question?