The benefit termination type determines when the benefits end for active employees.
Complete the following steps to select a benefit termination type:
1. Log into the Ameriflex Client Portal
2. Locate and select COBRA from the menu to the left of the page.
The COBRA Plan page appears.
3. Locate the Benefit Termination Type field and select the dropdown arrow.
A list of three options appear:
- Date of Qualifying Event - Employees' coverage with the group will term the date of qualifying event. COBRA coverage will start the following day. For example, employee termed 04/25/2022, COBRA will start 4/26/2022.
- End of Month/Extended Employer Notice Rule - Employees will have coverage with the group until the end of the month they are termed in. COBRA coverage will begin the 1st of the following month. For example, employee termed 4/25/2022, Cobra starts 05/01/2022.
- Employer Notice Rule (also known as WashRoll Rule) - If an employee is termed between the 1st-15th their COBRA will start the following day. If they are termed through the 16th-31st their COBRA will start the 1st of the following month. For example, employee termed 4/12/2022, COBRA will start 4/13/2022, employee termed 4/25/2022, COBRA will start 5/1/2022.
4. Select one of the benefit termination type options that best fits your situation.