A Direct Bill participant is an employee or dependent who is being offered continuation of coverage that does not fall within the parameters of standard COBRA continuation. This is most commonly used when an employer wishes to offer a retiree plan that extends indefinitely or for a longer period of time than the standard 18 months of COBRA coverage.
Complete the following steps to learn how to add a Direct Bill participant:
1. Open this link Ameriflex COBRA Portal and click the blue Employer Login button to access your account.
The home page appears.
2. Locate and click the Members tab to the left of the page.
The Add Member page appears.
3. Locate Direct Bill and click Select.
The Add Direct Bill Member page appears.
4. Fill in the required fields (marked by a red asterisk) and any other information desired.
5. Click Continue when you're finished filling out this page.
6. Fill in the required fields (marked by a red asterisk) and any other information desired.
7. Click Save and Continue.
The Plans & Bundles page appears.
8. Click Add Plan.
The Add Plan page appears.
9. Locate Plan, click the drop-down arrow, and then select Direct Bill Participant’s Plan from the list.
10. Locate Coverage Level, click the drop-down arrow, and then select the correct coverage level from the list.
11. Click Add Plan.
12. Repeat steps 8 through 11 if you need to add additional plans.
The Add Plan page closes and the Plans & Bundles page reappears.
13. Click Continue when you're done adding all your plans.
The Dependents pages appears.
14. Click the Add Dependent button to add any dependents to the plan.
The Dependent Information page appears.
15. Fill in the required fields (marked by a red asterisk) and any other information.
16. Locate the Available Dependent Plan(s) section and select the box next to the plan that you want to add the dependent.
17. Click the down arrow icon + Add Selected Dependent Plan(s).
18. Click Add Dependent.
18. Repeat steps 14 through 17 if you need to add additional dependents.
19. Click Continue.
20. Click Add Subsidy Schedule if you want to add a subsidy.
21. Fill in the required fields (marked by a red asterisk) and any other information.
22. Click Add Subsidy Schedule.
23. Repeat steps 20 through 22, as needed.
24. Click Continue.
25. Click Add Member to complete the process.
You successfully added a Direct Bill participant to COBRA.