Flexible spending account (FSA) elections are irrevocable and cannot be changed during the period of coverage unless there is a permitted change in election event.
Examples of these events are:
- A change in marital status (i.e., marriage, divorce, or death of your spouse)
- A change in your number of dependents (i.e., birth or adoption of a child, or death of a dependent)
- A change in employment status for you, your spouse, or dependent that affects eligibility
- An event that causes your dependent to satisfy or cease to satisfy an eligibility requirement
- A change in residence for you, your spouse, or dependent
- A change in cost or coverage
- HIPAA special enrollment rights
- Judgment, decree, or order
- Medicare or Medicaid entitlement
- FMLA leaves of absence
Refer to your plan documents for specific information on what may constitute a qualifying event under your benefit plan.