The receipt from my daycare provider says “Kindergarten,” but it is really only for after-school care. Will my claim still be approved?

Written by Aimee Reynard
Updated 3 years ago

No. IRS regulations are very specific on what expenses are eligible and ineligible for dependent care account (DCA) spending. Regardless of your actual arrangement with your provider, if your documentation/receipts show an expense that is not eligible for DCA spending, your claim will be denied.

If you are unsure if your documentation/receipts meet IRS compliance standards, we highly recommend you have your provider sign/stamp your Ameriflex claim form. If the provider signs or stamps the form, no itemized receipt is needed.

Did this answer your question?